Monday, July 7, 2014

Guest Post: Weekend Recap by Mabel Buckley

Hello again, friends. I am back and you are welcome.

I come with tales of the weekend past, because I hear weekend recap posts are very popular in the blog-o-sphere and, let’s face it, Allison’s blog needs all the help it can get. So, what did I do this weekend? Entertain yourself on Facebook or Twitter or something while I consult my Day Planner since I haven’t fully grasped the concept of breaking life down into “days.”

OK, I’m back. This weekend was especially glorious for me, because the humans went somewhere on Thursday night and left me with some much-needed peace and quiet for the whole weekend. I used this peace and quiet very well.

First, took a bunch of selfies. #HOTTIE #AMIRIGHT?


#DUCK FACE


ME HUNGEE


#THOUGHTS


#STARIN OFF INTO SPACE...THE FUTURE IS SO BRIGHT, I NEED SUNGLASSES.

 
JUST BEIN SHY


OH THERE YOU ARE. #WELL HELLO
 


#CAT #CATS #ILOVECATS

Next, I mowed down (pop culture reference that you are probably too old and out of touch to understand) on some delicious #WET FOOD.
 
 
#NOMNOMNOM #FOODIE
#IUSEDTHENICEPLATESSINCETHEHUMANSWEREGONE
#ANDILEFTTHEMDIRTYINTHESINK

Don't worry, I ate dry food too. #PIGGIE #ICANTSTOP #IWONTSTOP


Updated my Facebook frequently and using all the tips of the trade I’ve picked up in the last two weeks of Facebook activity. I now have 33 friends, and I’m thinking about joining some new groups to meet friends online. The real life people I know just aren’t cutting it lately.




Oh yeah, I started an online business this weekend. Etsy may be the rage right now, but my homespun treasures come in the form of online "What Kind of Cat are You?" personality quizzes. If you want one, add me on Facebook: Mabel Buckley. Obviously I took Evan's name when Allison got married. I never liked her anyway.


 



I had quite a bit of response my first week of work, but I'm still trying to collect on a few accounts receivable. #DEADBEATS #MOMONEYMOPROBLEMS

Then I had a friend over to take some more shots of myself.
 
 
#MOREOFMETOLOVE #IT’SNOTAFATPOUCH,IT’SPRIMORDIAL
#KIMKKAT

Of course Allison and Evan came home earlier than expected on Sunday, saying it was Evan’s “birthday.” I had totally forgotten about that but luckily I’d already thrown up a hairball on the entryway rug so I just told Evan that was what I got him. #HOMEMADE

I guess that was it. When I started this post I honestly thought I had done more, but now that I think about it, I did just kind of use this weekend to relax, unplug myself from technology, and just veg a little. Hope you spent your time as wisely as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment