Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Trendsetting Like Princess Kate

As you all know, my good friend Kate Middleton is a trendsetter. Her latest fashion statement appears to be wearing sheer tights (http://stylenews.peoplestylewatch.com/2013/11/20/kim-kardashian-revealing-sheer-top-kate-middleton-tights/) – to the sheer (haha!) delight of stuffy lady lawyers worldwide. [It’s so confusing when something that was out of style comes back in … did Kate start the trend, or will the people still clinging on to their sheer hosiery claim that THEY started the trend? I guarantee my mother will say that sheer tights were never out of style. Fashion is so confusing.]

Photo from people.com. Ignore Kim. We have nothing in common.

Anyhoo, count this as another chapter in the “Proof that Allison is just the same as Kate” book I’m working on, because I, too, have started a trend: the phrase “Turtle Up!,” which came to me in a dream, is really catching on. 

As proof, please refer to this commercial for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and listen carefully around the 0:02 mark.  Pay no attention to the fact that Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles were popular a number of years ago. The fact that you are watching this commercial now and caring about the TMNT (do people call them that?) makes me a trendsetter. After all, sheer tights were probably popular right around the time the turtles first debuted. Also pay no attention to the fact that they are not using the phrase correctly. I'll get in touch with whoever makes these toys and clear that up.

Hat tip to my dear cat-holding brother Ross, who brought this little gem to my attention.

I apologize for the brevity of this post, but I think I’ve said all I need to say. And I’d bet that this is the first time the words “Princess Kate” and “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles” have been used in the same blog. Trendsetting is what I do best!


No comments:

Post a Comment