Thursday, March 20, 2014

Coronation Day

Do I sound a little more regal blogging to you today?

If so, it’s likely because as of this morning, I have been crowned Bonanza (TM) Queen. As you know, Evan is the Bonanza (TM) King, the firm but sometimes fair ruler of the Bonanza, his 15-year old March Madness pool/complete obsession from February through April. As you may also know, I believe I should be crowned Bonanza (TM) Queen by the fact of my marriage to Evan alone.

you really need to start reading if you don't already.
 
However, he disagreed, and instead lay down the law that, to be crowned Bonanza (TM) Queen and thus entitled to list that title on each of my brackets, I had to recruit 25 new brackets into the pool to show my dedication.
 

 
seriously, check it out.
 

And that is why you haven’t heard much from me lately: I’ve been pounding the pavement nonstop to rustle up some new bracketologists. And as of this morning, I recruited 37 undisputed new brackets, as well as 23 more that the King probably won’t let me count, but should count towards my total. (My own dad and brother, for instance? I guarantee they wouldn’t be in the Bonanza without me. But they’ve been in it before (you’re welcome), so Evan says they aren’t “mine.”)


 

Ahh, doesn’t it look nice? I’m almost guaranteed to win this year.
Or maybe I’ve already won. I AM a queen, after all.

Let’s see, what else have I been up to since we’ve last spoken? Well, I got a splinter that I never could get out of my finger and my body seems to have just swallowed it up. I bid adieu to Juan Pablo, who I no longer love from afar (what a jerk!), and I counted the days on my calendar till the Bachelorette premieres in May (60 days as of right now). I was on national (umm…maybe just local) television at the KET telethon. You probably were watching Yoga for Balance and saw me during commercials. I held TWO adorable new babies and didn’t hurt either one of them. I baked a layer cake and it didn't collapse.

… hmm.  Other than the new babies (which obviously I didn’t even birth), not a whole lot of noteworthy stuff. But the weather is improving, my craft juices are flowing again, and it could possibly be a really great time to be a follower of the tudor house blog. Not to mention, there’s a Queen’s Corner trophy to award in the next couple of weeks. Get ready, it’s going to be a REALLY exciting time!

No comments:

Post a Comment