Monday, March 3, 2014

Welcome to the Queen's Corner

By now, you have probably seen Evanshine’s Bonanza trailer, a video which has gone viral on every continent. I hate to take too much credit away from Evan, but that video was made with my* laptop, which seriously impeded me in my blogging efforts. So you can feel free to blame Evan for my recent absence in the blog-o-sphere, if you’re the type of person to place blame.

* Evan claims it is not “my” laptop, but “our” laptop, since we got married. Uh, not in my America!

If you’ve been living under a rock and have not heard of the Bonanza, it is the nation’s premiere March Madness pool, complete with its own website, unmatched commentary courtesy of my husband, The Bonanza King, and unmatched prizes courtesy of the hundreds of participants every year. This is its 15th year in existence, as you probably have heard. I tend to be ignored a bit from mid-February to early April, because Evan has his Bonanza business to take care of. I usually get my feelings hurt, as I’m sure you can understand.

Now, you probably noticed some critical wording in that last paragraph: … my husband, The Bonanza King. This is yet another similarity that Kate Middleton and I share – marrying into royalty. You probably want to know: does my recent wedding make me The Bonanza Queen?

True story: This was our Christmas Card this year. No, really.

Why yes, yes it does. And though poor Kate must wait to be crowned Queen until her husband assumes the throne, I have actually already assumed the Bonanza throne.

A birthday gift from my dad this year: laminated card showing me that he reserved this email address right after our wedding! Truly a thoughtful gift.

Alas, I have not yet had the chance to use my Bonanza Queen status … until now. Even though Evan promised me a corner of his Bonanza website where I could post my Queenly thoughts, he has since reneged. Luckily, I was able to coerce him into emailing me the tournament logo – and thus the Queen’s Corner of the tudor house blog was born. It is here that I shall post my own thoughts, trivia facts, and commentary on this year’s tourney.




As you can see, I even have my own Queen’s Corner logo. Cute, isn’t it?

Well, lady friends, feel free to check in to the Queen’s Corner after every day of the tournament for a real Queen’s touch. Have questions you’d like answered? Just email them to me at the e-mail address shown above or leave them in the comments section of this post! I’d love to hear from you. There will also be a crowning of the Bonanza Princess this year, a title subordinate only to mine in the land of premiere March Madness pools. A trophy will, of course, be awarded, and the trophy comes with a premiere bio right here in the Queen's Corner at the end of the season or at the end of Kentucky's run, whichever comes first (I tend to lose interest in the tournament when Kentucky chokes). I will decide the criteria for awarding the trophy, but these things will help you in your quest: (1) having entered the Bonanza or the Bonanza Gold (TM), (2) leaving numerous comments right here on my blog, (3) becoming a follower of my blog by clicking the button at right, and (4) sucking up to me. Easy-peasy.

Good luck, and godspeed!

xoxo,
the Queen

No comments:

Post a Comment