Tuesday, April 15, 2014

And the Cup goes to...


Welcome back to the Queen's Corner. As you might have heard, something terrible happened in Texas last Monday evening, sending the Queen herself into a deep depression in which she simply did not have it in her to hand out the Queen's Cup.

However, time heals all wounds, and I need to get this beautiful Cup out of the tudor house before I become attached to it and have to keep it for myself. (You may have noticed that there was no prohibition in the official Queen's Cup Rules barring me from winning…)

But alas, after spending hours reviewing the many entries into this year's competition, something incredible happened. A dead heat between the top two scorers. A tie! The first ever in the short history of the Cup. So, in an effort at transparency, I will share the top answers to this year's Queen's Questions so that you can understand just how this all shook out.

1. Who is going to win the NCAA Men's Final Four this year, and why?

Both of the top finishers answered correctly: the University of Kentucky! +5 for each.

2. How have you personally helped Kentucky make it to the Final Four?

Top Answer, verbatim: I am fortunate enough to own a pair of leggings which depict a pattern of relaxing felines, colloquially known as my "cat pants." Though they are decidedly on their last legs (threadbare and replete with holes), I have worn them for each and every tournament game. Additionally, I have worn the 2012 National Championship shirt, and my fun blue monogram sweatshirt (which matches the Queen's of course) and a furry blue and white scarf. Today, I am wearing the same shirt that I wore when we won the 2012 championship, but I have the 2012 National Championship shirt in my bag in case it becomes a necessity. I plan to change into my cat pants just before I leave work. 

You may notice that this respondent got bonus points for the cat reference and for mentioning the Queen. All hail me!

3. In what ways is the Bonanza Queen like -- or better than -- Duchess Kate?

Top Answer: The Bonanza Queen is equally as awesome as Kate (because even the BQ would get mad if anyone suggested that someone was better than Kate)!! They are both destined to be royalty and are overall better than everyone else.

This is so very true. An obvious winner.

4. How cute was that picture of the royals and Baby George?

Top AnswerI will admit, I'm not sure exactly which one you mean, because all pictures of them are incredibly cute.  I have attached two that I like.  In the first, labeled "cute", I admire that Kate is wearing a cute bathing suit so as to avoid inappropriate boobage, and I think even Dana would approve of how adorable George is with his strategically placed bubbles.  In the second, I believe that George is thinking, "Why are you not a cat?" 
 

This is, of course, the photo that I was referring to. The respondent is correct that Baby George would prefer a cat. And, this respondent got bonus points for bringing to my attention this beautiful gem:




5. Where would you display the Queen's Cup, and how would having it make your life more worth living?

Top Answer: I'm still thinking about the best display option, but right now I'm thinking about a rotating situation where it goes from my house to the office and everywhere in between - such as dinner at Noodles & Company and my constant visits to the emergency vet. Two things that make my life worth living: Molly and the Queen's Cup.

This competitor got bonus points because she has promised, in writing, to display the Cup at our mutual place of work, where it is sure to inspire many questions and conversations about how I am the Queen. This competitor obviously knows that with the Queen, flattery is the best policy.

Honorable Mention: I imagine I would spend many days admiring the Cup filled with a sense of pride and honor.  I would undoubtedly have to quit my job.

Yes, wouldn't we all?

6. Agree or disagree: Marcus Lee (not to put any pressure on you here, but he is the Queen's favorite player) looks dead-on like Doug Funny.

Top Answer: Absolutely I do.  Plus sometimes he is regular Doug, riding the bench, cheering on his teammates.  But sometimes he is Quailman, soaring through the skies to fight crime and snatch incredible rebounds.


This respondent gets this question correct because she pointed out a comparison that even I hadn't noticed. Well done, my friend.

Other points were awarded for watching games with me (2 points per game, with a bonus 3 for being with me for the national championship game), for commenting on my blog, for letting me decide where and when to go to lunch one day, for guest posting on my blog, and for being Mabel's godmother. Tallying the scores was truly a nightmare. But I persevered, and present to you the TWO inaugural winners of the Queen's Cup:


Ms. Courtney "Big Red" Samford, who chose to take 
her victory portrait in a field of big red flowers, 

and 

Ms. Anna "Incognito" Girard, who chose to take her 
victory portrait in a dark, dark room. Too bad I missed
 that free Photoshop class at the public library 
or I could have let you see Ms. Anna's face.

The Official Queen's Cup rules applicable to Co-Cup Winners:

1.  The Cup will first be awarded to the person closest in proximity to the Queen on Tuesday morning, April 15, 2014.

2. The Co-Winners must meet at the stroke of midnight every night throughout their reign to exchange custody of the Cup.

3. Each Co-Winner must keep an accurate, detailed account of the Cup's activities and whereabouts each day in a hand-sewn book made by one of the Co-Winners. This Queen's Ledger must accompany the Cup at all hand-offs and must be made available to the Queen at her request.

4. Each Co-Winner should provide the Queen with frequent photos and narratives written from the perspective of the Cup, to be posted on the Queen's blog in the Queen's sole discretion.

There will likely be more rules added as time goes on, but that's it for now. It's been a great season, y'all, and thank you kindly for your entries. Until next year,

xoxo
the Queen

No comments:

Post a Comment