Friday, May 9, 2014

Five on Friday

Five on Friday couldn't have come at a better time for me. I looked through the photos on my phone to remind myself what I've been up to lately, and was quite disappointed to realize that I haven't done much. The most interesting photos were a few that I took through the front windshield while driving all over tarnation last week for work, but there wasn't a whole lot more to say about them. Somehow I managed to put together five separate thoughts.

If you're new to the tudor house, please come back again. I promise more interesting posts next week!

ONE

Six days later is an excellent time to write your post-Derby recap, right?

We went to Keeneland to watch the simulcast -- or should I say, we went to the Keerby this year. The number one perk is that they let you bring your own food and drinks and tailgate in the parking lot. The number one drawback is that you can't look the horses in the eye and gently encourage them to run fast by showing them a bottle of glue. Let's say that is why I did so poorly at the betting windows.

Without further ado, I present to you these photos:

When you ask Anna to take a picture of you, you may be lucky enough to get a few selfless first.

 I couldn't find a black hat that was both outrageously stylish and not outrageously expensive when I went shopping on Derby Eve. Thus, my headband. Evan, however, was quite pleased with the hat that he found in our basement
.

Traditional Derby attire includes big hats, big jewels and tiny mustaches.


We placed all of these bets on the Derby. Guess how much money we took home?

TWO

Speaking of the Derby, check out these delicious treats I brought:


Mac N Cheese Muffins
(adapted from allrecipes.com)

Serves 24

4 cups uncooked macaroni
2 tbsp butter
2 eggs, beaten
2 cups milk
2 cups shredded cheddar
2 cups shredded mozzarella
2 cups shredded parmesan
4 tsp olive oil
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup breadcrumbs (the recipe calls for store-bought, but if you're like me and threw away all of your breadcrumbs in a fit of pantry-cleaning-out rage, make them yourself with this recipe I found on Pinterest.)

Preheat oven to 350.

Mix breadcrumbs, olive oil and salt; set aside. Reserve 1 cup of cheddar cheese.

Cook pasta (salting the water generously first), drain, and return to pan. Mix in butter and eggs until coating the pasta. Stir in milk and cheese.



Have faith. They will turn out delicious and beautiful.

Spoon into greased muffin tins and top with extra cheddar cheese and breadcrumbs. Bake for 30 minutes.

Impress everyone who eats them; thank me profusely for sharing with you this delicious treat!

THREE

If you follow me on Instagram (@allielynn27), you've already had the pleasure of seeing this. If not, please behold:


Nothing like a butt in your ice cream to make your little bro's birthday a success!

FOUR 

I'm old.

My 30th birthday is not till August, but I realized that I'm already officially old yesterday when I looked at the forecast for the next few days (all rain) and got excited -- because rain means I won't have to water my sod. 

Depressing, I know. Please just forget I ever made this confession.

FIVE


Can someone please explain to me how to make a romper look good? I desperately want one, but when I try them on … this happens.

AND

Thank the Lord, I've finally found the rest of my childhood diaries.

Coming soon: Excerpts, excerpts and more excerpts. Get pumped up.

No comments:

Post a Comment