Wednesday, May 14, 2014

HOW TOesday on Wendesday: Granny Time

You must have thought I died, because I missed my HOW TOesday post yesterday for the first time in weeks. Have no fear, I am alive. Alive with excitement over this lesson I am about to give you on how to make granny squares.

What is a granny square, you ask? Well, it looks a little something like this:

 
 
A thing of beauty, no? Well, sadly, I do not actually know how to make them ... yet. But I will in 100 days, because I am starting my friend Anna's 100 Days of Granny challenge.  She is a professional crochet instructor (in addition to her other full-time jobs of lawyering and crafting), so you'll definitely learn a thing or two.  If you want to follow along in the challenge, just go right here: http://100daysofgranny.blogspot.com/.
 

This challenge should last you through the end of the summer, when you will obviously get cold and need a nice warm blanket made of granny squares to get you through the winter.  So join. It's free and will make you smarter, funnier, and altogether better to be around.

Plus, you can crochet while you watch the Bachelorette (WHICH PREMIERES NEXT WEEK!)

And I leave you with this adorable photo of Anna's real life granny:

 all photos stolen without permission from Anna's facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment