Monday, June 2, 2014

Lola Goes to Chicago, and Other Tales of an Absentee Blogger

Yoo hoo!

I'm alive! I took an unplanned hiatus from the old blog just because. I am sure that your life hasn't been the same since. You probably also have been wondering what I've been up to lately. Well, lucky for you, I'm here to recap the last couple of weeks.

When we weren't watching the Bachelorette, doing back-breaking yard work, or making babies cry --

 
Evan and I hit the wedding circuit, and we hit it hard. First up was Katie, my best friend growing up, who got married in the prettiest Nashville wedding (no, I didn't see any characters from Nashville the show. The last time I was down there, I did see Deacon in a bar, though. I think he's off the wagon.)
 
Susan strikes back.
 
This wedding had a photobooth, which is pretty much all I need to have a good time. I was so pumped about the photobooth, in fact, that I did not take one single picture on my own camera. You'll have to take my word that everything was beautiful.
 

Next up, my friends Courtney and Keith got married in Chicago, the City of Love.
 
Before I can explain the exciting happenings at this wedding, you first need to meet Courtney's cat, and my best friend, Lola.
 
 
As you can tell by the look in her eyes, Lola is Crazy. In fact, she makes Mabel look semi-well-adjusted, which is quite difficult to do. Anyway, Courtney told me before the wedding how sad Lola was that she couldn't celebrate the union of her parents with them, screaming during the ceremony, scratching people during the cocktail hour and just destroying things at the reception. So, being the good friend that I am, I decided to take one for the team and bring Lola Dear along.
 
And that leads us to a new segment here on the tudor house:
 
 
Or, The Story of Lola and The Big White Wedding.
 
The three of us -- the three best friends that anyone could have -- hit the road Friday after a long day at the office for me and Evanshine and a long day terrorizing people for Lola.
 
 "I'm going to wreak so much havoc at this wedding, it will go down in the history books."
 
 
As you know, the Kentucky countryside is a beautiful thing, and we all enjoyed some stellar views.  We got tired, though, and stopped at a roadside hotel in northern Indiana to rest up before making our triumphant arrival in Chicago on Saturday morning.
 



Lola requested extra pillows from the concierge because she is high maintenance.

 
 
The next morning was more of the same, and before we knew it, we had arrived in Chicago, the City of Light. We quickly got ready, threw on some jewels, and headed to the wedding.
 

Miraculously, Lola behaved herself at the ceremony, and then we all headed to the reception, where Lola was so happy to see her parents that she actually got a little bit drunk and kind of embarrassed herself by hanging out in a vase of flowers all night.

 You can tell by the crazy look in MY eyes that Lola had rubbed off on me a bit here.
 
The happy fam




 
It was such a fun wedding, capped off by delicious Chicago popcorn! Lola and I are working on convincing Courtney and Keith to do it all again next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment