Sunday, June 15, 2014

Happy Father's Day!

You already know that my mom is an expert at taking awkward photos. What you may not have known is that the reason my parents are still happy together after thirty-one years is that my dad is equally photogenic.

In these waning hours of Father's Day, I present you with this tribute to my dear old Dad. It's pretty obvious that he has been dying to be featured on my blog, and I've been holding out on him just to make his Father's Day that much sweeter. Dad -- it's your time to shine!

My dad has taught me many things over the years, and because it's Father's Day and I'm feeling generous, I'm going to share a few of these lessons with you.

He taught me that you can never be too careful to avoid germs:


 and how to be tough:

Dads of Anarchy

He taught me that practice makes perfect:

"Let's see…this is how I'm going to clap when Allie walks across the stage."
 and how to get a great shot:


 He taught me to always stop and smell the roses:


and how to be a great tourist:

"Hands free is the key. Strap every tourist item to your belt so you're ready for anything."
and never to miss a chance to try new foods:

PO BOY
BEIGNET
BROWNIE DELIGHT, DON'T MIND IF I DO.
TINY COKE
GIRLY DRINK
 He taught me the art of a great selfie,


a great swing,


a great catch,

"This is how you reel it in…"
and a graceful pose.


He taught me to always have a song in my heart

OLE, OLE OLE OLE!

 and to be ready to take a nap.


 He taught me to cook great foods




and to always carry an umbrella just in case.


He showed me how to strike a pose



and how to smize.


It's pretty obvious where I got my great sense of style.
Vintage is so in right now.
Gilligan knew how to pick a hat.
If you're wearing the same thing as the oldest person in the room, you're doing something right.

He taught me how to be confident in myself

Photo Booth for one, please.
and perhaps most importantly, how to cheer for the CATS.

OK, I just put this one in so we could all think back on #8.

Dad, IF you're reading my blog -- you're the best. Thanks for all the life lessons and I look forward to many more!

1 comment:

  1. This article gives the light in which we can observe the reality. Private Tutor Aventura I like this kind of blog. Thanks for sharing informative information with us

    ReplyDelete