Friday, November 1, 2013

Kate + Allie = BFF: Ruffling Feathers

Being well on my way to accomplishing Goal No. 1 for this blog (surpass my previous blogging record of three posts), today I will start on Goal No. 2: proving to you that I am, or should be, best friends with Kate Middleton based on the multitude of things we have in common. This is only the first in what will surely be a long series of posts, so get excited.

Reason No. 1: We both made some enemies in the christening of our children. Please note that I am using both "christening" and "children" in their broadest sense.

I assume that, like me, you have liked both "The British Monarchy" and "Prince William and Kate Middleton" on Facebook, thus ensuring that you get the most current updates on the Royal Couple's whereabouts. So you know Baby Prince George was christened last Wednesday.  You must also know that Wills and Kate raised some eyebrows around the world by not selecting Party Prince Harry and the Royal Sister-in-Law Pippa as any of the SEVEN godparents for the child. I can understand this, since understanding is what best friends do. What's more, I faced a similar situation with little Mabes.

Let's get one thing clear right away: I did not have my cat christened. I have, however, taken steps to ensure that she is well taken care of if her father and I die.

I guess people assumed that I'd choose my brother Ross.


As you can see, Ross likes cats. Holding cats is kind of his thing, making him the obvious choice for parent-in-waiting. But, like Kate, I bucked the system, selecting instead my good friend Anna, who blogs from time to time at http://thethirtybythirtyproject.blogspot.com.

As you can see here, Anna is quite literally a cat lady. (On the left is a picture of Anna in her everyday street clothes; on the right is a picture of her latest knitting project and her cat Murphy trying to stop her.) Mabel doesn't seem to hate Anna as much as she hates most other people, which is important. And, like Wills and Kate picked some people they had gone to school with back when Kate was a mere commoner, Anna was friends with me and Evan back when I was a mere law student. So congrats, Anna. You win.

Readers, I have an important announcement for you. Blogger helpfully provides statistics showing how many page views you get daily and the countries from which your readers accessed your blog. Today's report showed one reader from the United Kingdom. I think we can all agree that that one reader is Kate. Kate, if you need someone to talk through this difficult decision with, just give me a call. I'm sure your security team can find my number.

Well, that concludes episode 1 of Kate + Allie = BFF. I will be submitting much more evidence for your review in the days to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment