Wednesday, January 29, 2014

I'm Alive!

Well, well, well.

Here I am! I do apologize for my serious lack of posts lately...it appears that it has been nearly two weeks since we last spent time together on the World Wide Web. As you will see in a number of posts I hope to write in the next few days, I have been quite busy lately:


  • I went to New York! Didn't get mugged or murdered, plus I bought a fake purse. I did, however, make a bad decision in bringing my "cute" but thin coat instead of the big marshmallow coat. Rookie mistake. I know you're dying to know more about this voyage, but you'll just have to wait till I find the time to write about it. 
  • I came home to Kentucky, only to nearly freeze to death in the Polar Vortex Part II. Our kitchen pipes froze but (I think) didn't explode. 
  • I had a near-death experience. I came home one night to find the house smelling weird - like gas, or so I thought. So, at my urging, we called the emergency hotline and the gas company came out at midnight to see if we had a leak. We did not. I was slightly embarrassed.
  • I have been really focusing on my practice.... No, not of the law, but of hot yoga. And by "focusing on my practice," I mean thank goodness you pre-pay for a month's membership, because OMG it's hot as a mo-fo in there. Also, I hate to sweat.
  • But I'd say the biggest change around these parts is Mabes. That precious little girl is growing quick as a weed:


*




There she is. Adorable, right? I bet you'd forgotten what she looked like in the many weeks she's been absent from the tudor house blog. But with Mabel's huge size comes quite a bit of responsibility for mama. Bigger litter boxes to clean out, bigger water bowls to refill. So as soon as I give her a bottle, I'll be back in cyberspace working on my next post.

Until then ...

* OK, technically this may not be a picture of Mabes. But it is a picture of a baby tiger cub I got to play with a couple of weeks ago at the Wildlife in Need sanctuary in Indiana. As you can see, it was pretty awesome. And you thought this was a boring cat lady blog ...

No comments:

Post a Comment